Tuesday 28 January 2014

Destionation: Bogotá / Colombia


Intercultural Impressions: 
Bogotá / Colombia

My Latin America trip in January 2014 started in Bogotá - I had never been to Colombia before and I was destined to wipe this white spot off my world map. 

And the city of 8 million people, located at 2.600 m in the South American Andes, did not let me down: an exciting mix old and new, lively and quite, friendly and energetic. 

Here are some of my impressions - enjoy and share!


Colombia's answer to Starbucks: Juan Valdez Café


Of course - Colombian national dish


Colonial heritage in wonderful colors


Old town district


Lovely courtyard houses


Some architectural styles appear different


View towards Montserrat mountain


Typical Fernando Botero: Monalisa


I just love this picture!


So many to chose from...



Impressive street art grafitti


Colombia ES COLOR !!!

 
"Use me" - a labelled waste bin


Art at Museo del Oro


Pre-Colombian gold treasures


The modern part of town


Engaged game of street chess


The old bull fight arena


The mix of old and new


Happy coffee drinking in Bogotá !

Bogotá was a great start into my Latin America trip -- and it has made me so curious about all the other treasures Colombia has to offer... I will be back soon, for sure! 



Andreas Hauser

Consultant Trainer Coach
International Management & Leadership

www.developingculture.com


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!!!!
:o) MSD